Black Screen and screen crashing are among the many issues common with most video games. Players have reported black screen issues when playing A Plague Tale: Requiem which has left them frustrated. In this article, we will be looking at how to fix A Plague Tale: Requiem Black Screen Issue and other related tips to watch out for. That being said, let’s briefly have an overview of the game.
The action and adventure video game was developed by Asobo studio and published by Focus Entertainment. It was released on October 18, 2022, and was launched for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5. For those experiencing black screen issues in this game, keep reading.
A Plague Tale: Requiem Black Screen Issue: How To Fix It?
According to the numerous complaints online, those affected claim that as they try to play the game, it just remains on the black screen. The black screen issue can be caused by a number of reasons, including PC configuration incompatibility with the game’s system requirements. Below are the possible fixes to this issue.
Step 1) Reboot your PC
The very first step to fixing this issue is by restarting your PC as this has been proven to fix lots of errors and glitches.
Step 2) Disable Gsync and Vsync
When using an Nvidia GPU and you face the black screen issue, all you need to do is to disable Gsync and Vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Step 3) Run the Game as an Administrator
It is advisable to run the game as an administrator to fix the black screen issues. Follow these steps.
1) Make a right-click on the game’s .exe file on your computer.
2) Next, select Properties and then click on the Compatibility tab.
3) Ensure to click on the run this program as an administrator.
4) Then click on Apply and Ok to save the changes made.
Step 4) Unplug All Extra Devices
Multiple devices connected all at once can cause the black screen issue. It is important to unplug all the additional USB devices you may have connected to fix the issue.
Step 5) Check Windows Update
There is every possibility that an outdated Windows version is the cause of the black screen issue. Ensure that your Windows is up to date. To update your windows, follow these steps
1) To access the Windows Settings menu, press Windows + I.
2) Next, under the Windows Update section, select Update & Security > Select Check for updates.
3) Download and install the available update.
4) Then restart the PC to save the changes made.
Step 6) Verify Game Files and Repair
It is advisable to verify and repair game files to be able to fix the black screen issue in the game. Follow these steps.
1) Launch Steam and go to Library.
2) Make a right-click on the A Plague Tale: Requiem game.
3) Select Properties and go to the Local files tab.
4) Choose Verify integrity of game files.
All installed game files will be checked and verified as part of this procedure to see if any are missing or damaged game files. Once this is done, restart the computer and run the game.
Step 7) Run on Dedicated Graphics Card (for Laptop users)
To run the game on the dedicated graphics card, all you need to do is;
1) Go to the Windows search bar and search for Graphics Settings and hit enter.
2) Then, make sure to add A Plague Tale Requiem on the search page to the list.
3) Finally, open the Options window and make sure the “high performance” option is enabled.
8) Enable Full-Screen Mode
Try running the game in Fullscreen mode. A shortcut to do this is Alt + Enter. Check if the issue is fixed.
Kindly share this article with everyone, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.