The latest edition of the Call of Duty franchise, COD Vanguard is trending on one of the most played battle royale games, and for a good reason. Its fierce yet amazing gameplay, gorgeous visuals, and world war setting make it very appealing to FPS players. The joy of playing with your friends gives quite a different feeling compared to playing solo. You can have a good time with your friends in the lobby, in matches, or whether you’re playing casually or competitive. It magnifies the experience of fighting alongside your friends in the same matches, planning new tactics, or having fun in general. If you’re new to COD vanguard and don’t know how to add your friends in-game. We’ll explain bit by bit about the game and how you can get your friends to join your lobby.
How to add your friends in COD Vanguard.
First of all, using your Activision ID, it’s very easy to have you or your friends join together and play matches in COD Vanguard. The exciting part is the game supports Crossplay features, so regardless of your platform whether you’re on Xbox, Playstation, or PC. Here are the steps that’ll get you and your friends connected in COD Vanguard.
- On the upper right side of the COD Vanguard screen, you can see a social tab that’ll list active players in your friend list. If you’re on Playstation, press the Triangle button, or if you’re on Xbox, you can press the Y button.
- Once you’re on the social screen, then head to the “Friends” tab on the right side.
- You can see “Activision Account” on the lower downside of the screen. If you’re on Playstation, press the left thumbstick (L3).
- The game will open the Activision ID screen where it’ll display your Activision ID, e.g – vabs#54289741.
- Provide your Activision ID to your friends and head back to the social window, and go to “Add Activision Friends”.
- After that, select “Search Friends Using” and select the account their ID is registered as. It can be Activision ID, Playstation ID, Other Consoles, or PC.
- Under the second column, type in your friend’s username, followed by a hashtag (#) and numbers. e.g – vabs#54289741. Then select “Send Invite”.
If the invite is successful, the game will pop up a message saying “friend request sent”.
How to accept your friend request
There’s a good chance your friend has sent a request but you didn’t notice. To see if a friend request is pending on your friend list.
- Head to “Inbox” under the social menu.
- You’ll see a list of people with various usernames e.g – vabisawesome.
- Select the username and you’ll be offered the choice to whether accept or ignore the request.
- Select “Accept” and go to the friend’s tab. You’ll see many of your friends and what platform they’re playing on.
- Select the username of your friend you wish to play with and click on “Invite to party” your friend will be able to play with you.