With the Release of Call of Duty: Vanguard, many players have availed the game in high expectations. Regardless of the game’s history and expectations, there will undoubtedly be some complications at the initial launch. There were some server issues initially due to the surge of players but it has now been resolved. You can check the official server status if you face any issues regarding it.
List of Bugs in COD Vanguard:
There have been a list of reports in regards to freeze and crashes during gameplay. Here are some of the issues listed below:
- Updates to the system software and graphic drivers have been the most prevalent Solution to Crashes and Freezes.
- PC – Application stopped working 0x887A0005 [No Solution yet].
- PS4 & PS5 – Error CE-34878-0. [Update System software]
- All Platforms – Campaign Black Screen. [Restart/Reboot Game]
- All Platforms – Progress towards a weapon camo for a particular commendation also isn’t being tracked properly. [No Solution yet]
- All Platforms – Bullets go through combat shield [No Solution yet].
Instructions to update software to fix crashes:
The Update Instructions for the Play Station Error CE-34878-0 is linked here.
The Update Instructions for Xbox are:
- To access the guide, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Profile & System from the drop-down menu.
- Select Settings -> Updates from the System menu.
- If a Console update is available under Updates, also pick it to begin the download and installation process.
- To finish the update, follow the onscreen instructions.
If this does not work, you can clear the Xbox Cache:
- Use the controller or the Power Off button on the console to turn off your Xbox Series X|S.
- Remove the power wire from the Xbox Series X|S’s rear.
- Allow at least two minutes to pass.
- Reconnect the cord to your Xbox Series X|S.
- Restart your Xbox Series X|S.
Method 2 (Series X only)
- In the centre of your controller, press the glowing Xbox emblem.
- To go to Profile & System, scroll to the right.
- Using the A button, select Settings.
- Select Devices & Connections from the drop-down menu -> Blu-ray -> Persistent Storage from the menu -> Clear Persistent Storage.
Reset the Media Access Control (MAC) Address
- To begin, press the Xbox button.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Network settings from the Network menu.
- Choose Advanced options -> Alternate MAC Address -> Clear.
- Restart the console.
For now, the 0x887A0005 issue has yet to be solved. It is an issue expected to be patched soon with an update. The multiplayer crashes are mostly due to issues with server, therefore, you will need to check the server status along with your internet connection. For the time being, the only way to avoid crashes is to make sure the following items are checked:
- Place your computer or laptop in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- Make sure you’re running a suitable version of Windows 10 on your computer. Also check if your PC/laptop meet the system requirements.
- Shut off any background apps that are running.
- Ensure that your video drivers are updated.