If you have been looking for ways to fix the black screen issue in Cult of the Lamb, you have come to the right place. Issues like this are not peculiar to the game, but the good news is you can follow certain steps to rectify them easily.
Developers are yet to officially release solutions to most of the issues encountered in Cult of the Lamb. However, players have maneuvered solutions for the issue and we will explain these possible fixes right away.
Cult of The Lamb Black Screen Issue: How to Fix It
Before we dive into them you should know some of these steps may not fix the problem, which is why we recommend you try out one step after the other till you settle on one that optimally resolves the issue.
Step 1) Reboot the System
This has been found to resolve the issue for most players. Rebooting helps overwrite lots of errors and glitches in the game. If the issue persists, then it is time to try the next step.
Step 2) Disable Vsync
For PC users using Nvidia Graphics card, disable the Vsync feature using these steps.
- First, navigate to the Nvidia Control Panel and click on ‘Manage 3D Settings’.
- Then click on the dropdown button right beside the Vertical Sync option.
- Now, set the Vsync option to ‘Off’ and confirm if the issue has been fixed.
Step 3) Disable Fast Sync
This Nvidia feature handles latency and screen issues. Here’s how to turn it off.
- Right-click on your desktop screen and click on Nvidia Control Panel and wait for it to open.
- Then click on ‘Manage 3D Settings’ and open the dropdown menu.
- Now switch Fast Sync from ‘Fast’ to ‘Off’.
Step 4) Disable Overlay Apps
Apps running in the background might be competing on performance with the game. Here’s how to disable the Nvidia Geforce Overlay.
- Open the Nvidia Geforce Experience App and navigate to Settings.
- Then click on the General option and select ‘Disable’ for the ‘In-Game Overlay’ option.
- Restart the PC for the changes to take effect.
Also, make sure that applications like Discord and MSI Afterburner are not running in the background.
Step 5) Update the Game
Playing an outdated version of the game could contribute to the issue. So, make sure to update the game. Here’s how to do it-
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library, then right-click on the game and select ‘Properties’.
- Now, select the Updates tab and make sure that Automatic updates have been enabled. To manually update the game, head to the Library and click on the Update option next to the Play button of the game.
Step 6) Verify and Repair Game Files
This will help replace lost or corrupt files in the game.
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library.
- Then right-click on the game and click on ‘Properties’.
- Now click open Local Files and select ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’.
Step 7) Update Windows
Apart from the game, having an outdated Windows version will affect the general performance of your PC. Here’s how to update the software.
- Navigate to Windows Settings and click on Windows Update.
- Then click on ‘Check for Updates’ and wait for the latest version to install.
- Reboot the PC to ensure the process is completed.
Step 8) Update Graphic Drivers
Follow these steps to update your Graphics Drivers-
- Right-click on the Start Menu and when the Quick Access Menu pops up, select Device Manager.
- Expand ‘Display Adapters’ by double-clicking on it, then right click on the active dedicated graphics card.
- Click on the ‘Update Driver’ option and select ‘Search automatically for drivers’.
Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more gaming tips and updates.