The game has lots of features and mechanisms designed to make the player take an active part in deciding how some permanent features are set. One of these is setting the name of one’s cult, however, some players may not know how to go about this. If you are wondering if you can change your cult name in Cult of the Lamb, we will walk you through the process.
Changing your cult name in Cult of the Lamb helps players identify with their group via the customized name they set, which results in making their cult a bit more personal. Whatever your reason, here is how to go about it.
Cult of The Lamb: Can You Change the Cult Name?
Contrary to what some fans have said in gaming communities, you can actually make changes to the name of your cult in the game. There are currently two ways you can effect such change. The first is through the game while the other is done using a decryption tool. Let’s further break them down.
Renaming in the Game
At some point as the game progresses, you will face Valefar while on your second Darkwood Dungeon Run. After defeating him, return to where your cult members are gathered and you will be approached by one of them for a dialogue. That is when you will have the chance to change your cult’s name and we suggest you have a name ready before this. Console gamers may not have the opportunity to change the name again after this.
Renaming via Decryption Tool/Site
This is for PC gamers and it involves fiddling with files in the game. Here’s how to go about it.
- Navigate to your save file location and back up your entire game files.
- Now copy the save file and upload it to the third-party decryption site or tool, then download the decrypted version of the file. You can use this pathway- C:\Users%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Massive Monster\Cult of The Lamb\saves
- Open the decrypted file with Text Editor and use CTRL+F to find ‘CultName’.
- You can now change the cult name and save the file.
- Next, replace the save file in your PC with the modified save file and start the game.
The name change will eventually take effect while you are in-game. Kindly share this article with friends and everyone in your gaming community. Also, keep in touch with Vabsaga for more gaming updates and tips.