It feels frustrating when you are outdone by an opponent, but it feels even more brutal when a bug hits you at your worst possible time. Diablo 4 has recently been suffering from a weird bug that is straight-up refusing players from accessing the seasonal content. This goes from the new seasonal missions and maps and also the seasonal stash. This happens when the error code 700004 appears, which displays the following message: “This Season Has Ended”. If you too are encountering the same issue, consider reading this guide for more details.
As of now, there are a few workarounds to deal with this issue. But yeah, there is no guarantee that these workarounds will fix the issue for good since there is no official update for the same. So we will recommend combining similar-sounding workarounds into one and then trying them. For example, log out of your Battle.net account, reboot the client, and reopen it. Next, log in with the correct credentials and then check if the issue persists. If that didn’t fix the issue, try the workarounds mentioned below.
Also read: Diablo 4 Error Code 3025: How to Fix?
Diablo 4 “This Season Has Ended” Error Code 700004: How to fix
For now, you can try the following workarounds to fix the issue. However, since they are potential fixes, there is no guarantee that they will work. But they are worth a try.
Update the game
A recent update was released for the game, which introduced a fix for the crash when viewing the seasonal stash. So, consider updating the game, and then check if you can access the seasonal content without encountering the error code. If you do, try the next workaround.
If you are using Steam to run the game, consider restarting it. If the issue persists, you can also reinstall Steam, and try again.
If you continue to encounter the same error code, try the given workarounds that we have accumulated that may turn out to be effective.
- Restart your PC or console. A fresh start can sometimes work wonders in fixing issues such as this.
- As mentioned earlier, if you are encountering this error code in Diablo 4, log out of your battle.net account, wait for 2 minutes, and then log back in. After this, you will most likely not encounter the error code again.
- Head over to the Downdetector page or X page of Diablo 4 and check if the game servers are down. If they are, then all you can do is wait and try again after some time.
- Make sure that Diablo 4 is not running in the background. You can do so by accessing the Task Manager and right-clicking on the Diablo 4 process. After this, select the End Process option.
- If none of the workarounds provide any substantial result, head over to the support page of Blizzard’s main website and file a bug report. This is a reminder to the dev team that the issue persists. Make sure to mention everything in the report, along with what kind of workarounds you used for better assistance.
This was our complete guide on how to fix the “This Season Has Ended” Error Code 700004 in Diablo 4. If you find this guide informative, make sure to visit Vab Saga for more such content. Also read: Diablo 4 Conceited Aspect Not Working Issue: Is there any fix yet