Ever dreamt of becoming a farmer and having your own farm with various crops growing on and fancy equipment to efficiently bring your hard work to fruition? Farming Simulator replicates every single aspect of things that contribute to building a farm and gaining experience in the pursuit of doing so. Just like older FS games, Farming Simulator 22 has its own share of problems as many reported that their gamepad/controller is not working along with game-breaking bugs. Is there a fix out for the issue? Read on more to find out about the game and possible fixes.
How to fix controller issue in Farming Simulator 22
The game had a bad reputation for various glitches and optimization issues, even in the past titles, luckily they’ve been somewhat fixed and we’ll list several methods by which y9ou can use to get your controller working as usual. Here are some of the fixes for the game.
Enable controller in the game menu
This is the most obvious fix for controller issues in FS 22 and is often overlooked by many players by both newcomers and veteran players. To fix this, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Head to the in-game options settings in FS 22 and in general settings
- Under general settings, you’ll see the Gamepad/Steering Wheel option, turn it on and apply the settings
- Go back to the game and try to see if your controller is working normally.
If the controller issue is still present, you can enable the controller in the gamesettings.xml file. Here’s how to do this
- Open My PC and head to C:/ drive
- Open users folder and then open your username folder and then documents folder>My Games>Farming Simulator 22> and then click on gamesettings.xml file.
- Right-click on gamesettings.xml and open with notepad. Look for a gamepad enabled line and set it to “True” if it’s showing “False”
- Click on File and then click on save to make the necessary changes.
Delete all input files from the template folder
There are files that can cause issues with registering inputs and render the controller unusable. Here’s how you can do this.
- Head to where you’ve installed the game files. If you’re on Steam, right-click on the game, select “manage and click on “Browse Local Files”.
- In the game folder, you’ll see a “Profile Template” folder, open the folder and delete all the files inside that starts with input. (Back up the folder just in case).
- Launch the game and see if the controller is working.
Enable it in Steam Input
If you own the game on Steam, You can use this method to fix the controller as well. To do that.
- go to Steam and click on Settings
- Under the settings tab, click on the controller tab and then click on General Controller Settings and click on “Continue”
- You’ll be directed to the controller settings main window, click on your designated controller (e.g Xbox Controller Support)
Once the controller is detected, you can use your controller on Farming Simulator 22.