Forza Horizon 5 is a multi-mode racing game that is due for on November 9th, 2021, as a sequel to Forza Horizon 4. According to the Forza Monthly Livestream on October 18th, 2021, this game is situated in Mexico; the creators at Playground Games worked with actual Mexican officials and reporters to construct a story and world setting that is as true to the country as possible. The creative content that the developers bring to the table for all automobile racing fans through the games is the source of the franchise’s hype and success.
The Series 1 update will be available on November 11th, only two days after the game’s formal release. Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring will be the four divisions in this four-week series. Each season will include a variety of challenges, limited-time seasonal, and monthly events that will reward players with Cars and Credits.
To obtain the rewards, each season requires a certain number of season points, gathered through the clearance of the challenges with set requirements. Throughout Series 1, players will be able to unlock several cars, with cars from each class playing a key role in completing Events and trials with specific requirements.
Here are the challenges for the summer season:
- TREASURE HUNT: Earn 2 stars from the height of the Mulegé Danger sign in the Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray 2020. (Reward: 50,000 CR)
- PHOTO CHALLENGE: Photograph any vehicle outside the Casa Bella House. (Reward: FORZA LINK REWARD)
- HORIZON OPEN: Reach 140mph in Horizon Open Racing. (Reward: 25,000 CR)
- THE ELIMINATOR: Battle Royale – Win 30th or better. (Reward: FORZA LINK REWARD)
- COLLECTABLES: Smash 100 Cacti. (Reward: FORZA LINK REWARD)
The remaining seasons will have similar challenges. There will only a selective few challenges repeated each season, with slight objective differences and locations. Each season will include daily and weekly challenges with point awards.
Forza Horizon 5 Series 1 will have seasonal events in addition to the challenges:
- Horizon Arcade (Any event) – 3 points
- The Trial (requires the player to enter the hall of fame to unlock) – ?? [Yet to be disclosed]
- Seasonal Playground Games – 3 points
- Danger Sign – 2 points
- Speed Zone – 2 points
- Drift Zone – 2 points
- Seasonal Championship (Three different championship events) – 5 points each
- Horizon Tour (Co-op Championships) – 3 points
Players may look forward to the release of Series 2 on December 9th, 2021, which will have similar content to Series 1. Therefore, we can only speculate and anticipate the content for Series 2 because the game has yet to be launched.