Halo series established a legacy of their own when it comes to immersive sci-fi first-person shooters with plenty of gameplay and content for their fans. Their latest entry Halo Infinite has the same atmosphere, campaign and improved combat mechanics, open world, and soundtrack. Its multiplayer also comes with a lot of exciting content and that has got fans hyped up about the multiplayer. . The best part about this game is that it supports crossplay where you can play with anyone without being limited to only one platform. In this guide, we’ll show you step by step how to connect with your friends in Halo Infinite multiplayer and play matches.
Playing Halo Infinite in Split Screen
Just like Call of Duty Vanguard, Halo Infinite also supports Split Screen. You’ll get to play with your friend locally on the same screen. Keep in mind that Split Screen in the game is Xbox exclusive.
- Power on the second Xbox controller and sync it to your Xbox One, Series X/S console.
- Press the menu button using that controller and login to the second Xbox account using the second controller
- A second player will be added to your party locally and join you in multiplayer that involves a split-screen.
How to play using matchmaking
Like every battle royale game, Halo Infinite also lets you create custom matches that you can play with your friends. Here’s how to do so.
- In the main menu of the game, select “Multiplayer”
- Scroll to the plus sign under fireteam by pressing the “Tab” button or pressing the view button on Xbox Controller. This will launch the social menu.
- Switch tabs to the friends or recent to view Gamertags to find the friends that you can invite to your party
- Select the Gamertag you would prefer to include in your team
- In the player’s option, select invite to ask a friend into your team
- If the friend accepts the invitation, they’ll show up on your fireteam
- Close the social menu and choose a multiplayer game mode
- Click on Play, your team will be loaded into the match.
Playing custom matches
You can also host custom matches in Halo Infinite. Here’s how you can do it.
- In the main menu, pick Custom Game from the main menu.
- Set your game rules with the map, modes, and server menu
- Launch the social menu by pressing Tab on keyboard nad view on Xbox Controller
- Switch to see the recent tab or friends tab to view Gamertags you can invite to your fireteam
- Choose the Gamertag you’d like to join your fireteam
- A pop-up menu will appear in the player’s option, select invite
- If the players accept, they’ll be included in your fireteam
- Close the social menu
- Your teammates will appear on the right side of the screen
- Players can choose which team they’re on by selecting the team icon right next to their Gamertag. The fireteam leader can also place any player on any team.
- Select Play to start the game.