The PS5 is one of the most powerful Consoles till date. When it comes to PS5 specifications, it is powered by powerful hardware. It has an AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores running at 3.5GHz. The PlayStation 5 also contains 16 GB GDDR6 RAM, 825 GB PCIe Gen 4 NVMe SSD storage, and an HDMI 2.1 output. The system supports up to 8K output and boasts 4K visuals with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz. Sony PlayStation PS5 also supports 3D audio, allowing you to “see with sound,” according to Sony.
With all these specs, the Play Station 5 has also brought with it several features. One of them being the Profile feature that can be customized according to your preferences. Players have gone through different measures to personalize their hardware now that many have gotten their hands on Sony’s Play Station 5. Many gamers have also expressed a desire to customize their Cover image for their PS5 profile, but have been unable to do so. Therefore, here are the required steps to achieve this:
Steps to Edit Play Station 5 profile:
- Navigate to your profile image from the Home Screen main menu, which is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- When you pick your image, a pop-up menu should display. Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the left in the new “Profile” menu until you find the “Edit Profile” option, which has a pencil symbol next to it.
- On the following page, you will be able to update the following PSN profile settings: Name, Online ID, Profile Picture, Avatar, Cover Image, About, and Languages.
Steps to Edit a Custom Profile picture and Cover Image:
Regrettably, with PS5, you cannot update your profile image directly. You must instead utilize the PlayStation website or the PlayStation 5 app.
Profile Through Website:
- Sign in with your PSN account to My PlayStation.
- Select the “Edit Profile” option from your profile page. This will take you to the Sony Entertainment Network website’s “Profile” area.
- To the right of “Profile Picture,” click the “Edit” button.
- Select “Change Picture” from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the picture file that you wish to upload.
- On the following page, you may also change the location and size of the uploaded image.
- To finalize the modification, click “Yes” on the last screen.
Profile Through PS5 app:
- Sign in to your PlayStation Network account using the PlayStation App.
- Tap on your profile image on the main screen.
- Tap the “Edit Profile” option in your profile screen.
- Select the “Edit” option to the right of “Profile Picture” on the new screen.
- Select “Change Picture” on the following screen.
- Select the image file from your phone that you wish to upload.
- Before saving the file, you can make changes to its name and size on the following screen.
- To confirm the modification, click the “Yes” button on the last screen.
Cover Image edit:
- Open the PlayStation messaging app on your phone or mobile device.
- Send the chosen image to another user from your phone.
- Open the message you received from your PlayStation system.
- Look at the image. Take a picture of it!
- Change your cover photo on your profile. It will be saved in the “other” folder.
- Set the picture to your liking!