Minecraft is an interesting and fun video game that gives players the luxury of designing their world, competing against other players, and warding off enemies. The game is appreciated by all because of its ability to install more exciting and thrilling modes. In this article, we will be looking at how to add more RAM to Minecraft 1.19.2.
The single-player/ multiplayer video game was produced and developed by Mojang and filed under the Sandbox genre. After its announcement in 2009, it was finally released in 2011. It was launched for macOS, Windows, and Linux and became one of the best-selling video games of all time. Let’s now look at how to add RAM to Minecraft 1.19.2.
How to Add More RAM to Minecraft 1.19.2
There are different methods on how to add more RAM on Minecraft 1.19.2 for swift and easy gameplay. However, we have come up with the simplest way to do so. Kindly follow the steps outlined below.
Note: Adding more RAM to Minecraft is only possible on the Java edition as the Bedrock edition automatically sets the right amount of RAM to the game based on your system’s configuration.
1) The first thing you have to consider before extending RAM to the game is to know how much RAM your PC has and also how much RAM is needed for the game.
2) Once you’ve found out the RAM size of your PC, bear in mind that you should never add more than 10GB of RAM to Minecraft. You should also never add more than half of your RAM. Eg, if you have 32 GB of RAM, it would be 16 and if you have 16 GB of RAM, it would be 8. If you have Vanila Minecraft, then 2GB to 4GB of RAM would be enough. However, if you have mods installed, more RAM should be added to the game for a better experience. Now that you know the required RAM to add to Minecraft, we give you the third step.
3) Go to the Minecraft launcher and click on the Installations tab. Now, click the three dots next to the “Latest Release” option under the Installation tab, and then choose “Edit”.
4) This opens up the Installation editor where you click on More Options. Now, you scroll down to where you have JMV Arguments at the bottom. There, you’ll see a line starting with “-Xmx2G” at the front of the text box (here, 2G stands for 2 Gigabytes RAM dedicated to Minecraft).
5) To provide more RAM to the game, you should change it the number before the letter G according to the amount of RAM you want to allocate to the game. For eg- -Xmx4G for 4GB, -Xmx8G for 8GB RAM. Well, once done, you click on Save.
6) You can now go to play the game and have a smooth experience.
Now, that you know how to add more RAM to Minecraft 1.19.2, kindly share this article in your gaming community and keep in touch with Vabsaga for more gaming tips and updates.