Like every video game, there are issues and errors which have been encountered by players in Cult of the Lamb too. However, you can resolve most of them easily. If you are looking for how to fix the not working & loading issue in Cult of the Lamb, you are at the right place.
Although developers are yet to release the official fixes for most of the issues fans have encountered in Cult of the Lamb, here are some potential workarounds to try which have resolved the issue for other players.
How to fix Cult of the Lamb not working & loading issue
Most of the issues in the game seem to be experienced by PC gamers, which explains why the solutions are fixated on PC. Some of these methods may not work instantly, which is why we suggest you try out each step till you get one that fixes the problem.
Step 1) Reboot Your System
Rebooting might sound cliché but everyone who deals with software, gamers included knows how helpful it is. If this option does not work, then it’s time to try out other solutions.
Step 2) Ensure your PC Meets Minimum Requirements
Cult of the Lamb has some basic requirements your PC should meet to ensure smooth gameplay. If those are not met, the game might load extremely slowly and eventually crash after some. Here are the minimum specs required to run the game-
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3240, AMD FX-4300
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Radeon HD 7750
- Storage: 4 GB
Step 3) Remove Third-Party Apps
Some players have resorted to using third-party apps for the game for different reasons. This could lead to the game not working or being stuck on loading. Disable or better still uninstall those apps and confirm if the issue is gone.
Step 4) Update Windows
Running the game on an out-of-date Windows version will slow down the general performance of your PC apps, including the game. Here’s how to update Windows.
- Start by navigating to Windows settings and clicking on ‘Update & Security’.
- Then select ‘Windows Update’ on the next screen that displays and click on ‘Check for Updates’.
- Wait for the latest patch to download and install, then reboot your PC.
Step 5) Run the Game as Administrator
- First, close the game and head back to the desktop.
- Right-click on the game’s .exe file shortcut and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Wait for the game to launch and check if the issue persists.
Step 6) Repair Game Files
A corrupt or missing file for the game can cause issues that might take too long to locate and replace manually. Here’s how to fix that faster.
- Go to Steam library and right-click on the game.
- Then select ‘Properties’ and then the ‘Local Files’ tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ tab and wait for the process to complete.
- Reboot your PC and confirm if the issue has been fixed.
Step 7) Close Unnecessary Apps
Running too many apps will likely slow down the game’s speed and cause other issues. So to close apps that are not needed at the moment, follow these steps-
- Go to the Desktop and press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and the Task manager will pop up.
- Right-click on a process that is currently taking unnecessary resources and select ‘End Task’ to close it.
Step 8) Update Graphics Drivers
An outdated graphics driver will surely have a negative impact on the game or any other at that. Here is how to go about it.
- First, type in ‘Device Manager’ in the Windows search bar and select the result.
- Then right-click on the GPU you wish to update the drivers for and select Update Driver. Next, choose the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- After the drivers are updated, launch the game and the issue should be fixed.
Kindly share this article with friends and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more gaming news and updates. Have a great time.