Farming Simulator 22 is by far the most interesting and superior in every way compared to its previous games. Be it gameplay, new content, in-depth farming operation with production chains and visually. With the level of detail, the game requires a mid to high-range PC to give an optimal performance while maintaining the visuals. However, despite meeting all of the requirements of the game, some players are getting errors stating that their graphics card doesn’t support shader model 6.0 and other issues like random crashes, game-breaking bugs, and could not init 3D System errors. If you’ve also experienced this, then you can relax as we’ll list several fixes that’ll help you play the game normally. Read more on how to fix the graphical errors in the game.
How to fix Could not init 3D system error in Farming Simulator 22
Before you try out any of the fices mentioned below, make sure that you meet the minimum requirements of this game and have updated your GPU drivers to the latest version. With that being said, here are some of the fixes that’ll help you start the game.
Modify the XML file
There are many instances that when you change the graphics settings in-game, some of them don’t apply and need to be manually edited to fix them. Follow the necessary steps to fix the error.
- In the file explorer, open “My PC” then navigate to C:/, Users folder, then your username folder, documents, and “My Games” and Farming Simulator 22 folder.
- In that folder, locate the game.xml file and open it using Notepad.
- In the file, search for <renderer>D3D_12</renderer>
- Change the value of renderer D3D 12 to 11, (e.g <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>) and save the file. You can also set it to 10 if it’s not effective.
Try to launch the game and see if the renderer issue is fixed and you’re able to play the game.
Change the launch option
For this method to work, you should own the game in Steam for this to take effect. To fix it,
- Right-click on the game and select properties.
- Under the General tab, you’ll see launch options on the lower side of the window with -dx12 as default. Change it to 11 or 10 and launch FS 22 again.
Update the GPU drivers
It is high time that players should download and install the latest drivers for their graphics card to fix the Shader Model 6.0 required issue. Go to Nvidia or AMD’s official website, select your graphics card, and download & install the newest drivers.