Grand Theft Auto 5 or GTA 5 for short is played by millions of gamers around the world. The game has been available on a variety of platforms for years now. However, many players using Windows 11 on their PCs have experienced crashing issues during gameplay. In this article, we will look at how to fix GTA 5 crashing on Windows 11 issue.
Before we get right into the steps to follow, please ensure that your PC’s internet connection is fast and reliable. This is because slow and unstable internet can cause some apps to crash. Also, try to verify your computer’s hardware specifications to see if it satisfies the game’s minimum requirements.
How to Fix GTA 5 Crashing On Windows 11 Issue
We’ve made a list of the possible fixes to this issue. Ensure you carry out the steps effectively.
Step 1) Restart your PC
The first step to fixing this problem is to restart your PC. It can be that the issue was caused by a minor bug in the game or your PC. It is advisable to close all GTA 5 related services, reboot the PC, and then relaunch the game. Follow these steps.
1) To open the Task Manager, jointly press Shift, CTRL, and Esc.
2) Search for the GTA 5 service and make a right click on it.
3) Then, end the task to forcefully quit the game.
4) Next, restart your computer and patiently wait till it reboots.
5) Then, you launch GTA5 to check if the issue is resolved.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, here’s another step.
Step 2) Update your System and Graphics Drivers
Well, it is inevitable to experience bugs in Windows 11, so it is advised to always check for new updates and ensure the system runs on the most recent update. Graphics card driver that is not up to date can also result in crashing issues. Follow these steps to update your system.
1) First, make a right-click on the start icon.
2) Navigate to the Settings Menu and click on the Windows Setting App.
3) Then, click on Windows Update on the left pane.
4) Once you discover an available update, do well to download and install it.
Follow these procedures to update the Graphics card driver.
1) Make a right-click on the Nvidia Settings icon.
2) Navigate to Nividia Gefore Experience and click on it. Then, click on Drivers to check for the latest graphics driver.
3) Look out for updates. If available, download and install them.
Step 3) Verify Integrity of GTA 5 Files
This is a very important step for fixing this issue. Kindly follow the following steps to do so.
1) Go to the Steam client and click on Library.
2) Then make a right-click on the GTA 5 game and click on Properties.
3) Now search for the Local Files Tab and click on it.
4) Once that is done, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
5) Finally, launch the game after the verification process.
Step 4) Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If after you’ve carried out the above solutions and still, the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game. To do this via Steam, follow these steps;
1) Open the Steam client and click on Library.
2) Make a right-click on GTA 5 and navigate to Manage.
3) Then, select uninstall and confirm the process.
4) Immediately after this is done, reboot your PC and reinstall the game.
Now you know how to fix GTA 5 crashing on Windows 11 issue, kindly share this article with friends. Also, keep in touch with Vabsaga for similar updates.