While there are hints of a new GTA game, GTA 5 is running strong as the latest title of the series. Most gamers prefer playing GTA 5 because of its improved features and variety of missions, but there have been concerns about the game not launching on Windows 11. In this article, we will be looking at how to fix GTA 5 not launching issue on Windows 11.
GTA 5 is Rockstar’s most popular game. The game features both a single-player and multiplayer mode where players have the ability to do whatever they like. GTA 5 became a bestselling game after its release in 2013. But it comes with its fair share of issues and errors. Let’s now get to how to fix GTA 5 not launching on Windows 11 issue.
How to Fix GTA 5 Not Launching On Windows 11 Issue
In as much as players rate GTA 5 as the overall best of all the GTA games, they still counter the issue of the game being unable to start on Windows 11. Well, if you are struggling with the same, let’s show you on how to fix this issue.
Step 1) Download Microsoft Visual C++ Files
You obviously need Windows files to run PC games. When you’ve noticed that you have issues with the GTA 5 not launching on your Windows 11, you should make sure to install the compatible Visual C++ files for the game. You can visit the official website by clicking here. After downloading, install the latest version and then check if the GTA 5 not launching issue is resolved.
Step 2) Run Steam as Administrator
Another way to solve this issue is to run the game client with admin permissions. Most games do not launch due to some internal permission issues, hence the need for this step. Follow these procedures to do so
1) The first step is to completely close down the game, Steam, or Rockstar Launcher.
2) After that, right-click on Steam and click on the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down menu.
3) Once you’ve confirmed the command, check if the issue has been resolved by launching the game.
3) Delete Cache Files
Every game features cache files, which are temporary files that help games to load faster. However, sometimes, these cache files cause problems with the game, thereby causing launch issues. So, it is advised to delete the cache files of the game for a better experience. Follow these steps
1) The very first step is to restart the PC.
2) Enter %ProgramData% in the RUN box after pressing Windows + R to bring it up.
3) Next, locate the GTA 5 folder in the new window that pops up.
4) With the exception of the Local Content folder, select all the folders in the GTA 5 folder and delete them.
5) After this, in the File Explorer Address Bar, type %appdata%. Find the GTA 5 folder there, and then delete it.
6) Lastly, reboot your PC to confirm if the issue has been resolved.
4) Check the Integrity of The Game Files
Most people are unaware that launch issues might occur in a game if the game files get corrupted. To verify the integrity of the game through Steam, follow these steps:
1) Open the Steam app on your PC and select Library to view all the games available.
2) Navigate to GTA 5 and make a right-click on the game and select Properties.
3) Then, go to the Local Files Tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files from the drop-down menu.
4) Once, this is done, restart the game and launch to see if the issue is resolved.
So, now you know how to fix the GTA 5 not launching on Windows 11 Issue. Keep in touch with Vabsaga for more updates, and kindly share this article with friends.