There is simply no way you can enjoy teamed-up shooter games without communicating with your squad or teammates, especially in an exclusively multiplayer video game like Overwatch 2. Many Overwatch 2 players have complained about the mic going out on them mid-game, or not starting at all at the beginning of a match. Whatever the case might be, we will discuss how to fix Overwatch 2 mic not working issue in the course of this article. It should be noted that developers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. The good news is that like many other similar issues, this can also be fixed by the player and we will walk you through the possible fixes, right after we run a quick but concise overview of the game.
Overwatch 2 is an FPS video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment which is known for making some other cool games, like the Diablo series, Warcraft, Starcraft, and many others. Overwatch 2 is the sequel to Overwatch earlier released in 2016. The game was released on October 4, 2022, for Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S and is exclusively multiplayer. Let’s now go through the possible fixes for the mic not working or responding issue in the game.
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Mic Not Working Issue
There are many reasons the mic may not be responding and these steps have been proven to fix them. Here they are.
Step 1) Analyze Your Microphone
The very first step to take is to check your microphone, especially if you are using a headset. Confirm the cable connections and check for possible damage to the microphone itself or accessories. Test the mic on other devices and if it is working well, then it’s time to try the next step.
Step 2) Reboot System
If after checking the basics and they are good to go but the issue persists, reboot your system. Rebooting has been found to overwrite most glitches and errors.
Step 3) Check In-Game Audio Settings
The next logical step is to check the game audio settings. Here’s how to go about it.
1) First launch the game, then click on Options and then Sound.
2) Now, increase the sound for both the mic and speaker.
3) Next, ensure Team Voice Chat and Group Voice Chat are set to Auto.
4) Test the mic now in Team Chat to verify it has been resolved.
Step 4) Allow App Access to the Microphone
Sometimes the issue could simply be from the game not having access to the system microphone. To fix this, follow the given steps-
1) First, go to Windows Settings, then Privacy and Security.
2) Scroll down and select Microphone and set the Let Apps Access Microphone toggle to ‘On’
3) Select Overwatch 2 and set the Mic Access to ‘On’ as well.
Step 5) Set PC Default Devices
Maybe Windows identified your headset or mic but did not set it as the default audio input and output device. Here’s how to fix that.
1) First, quit the game and press the Windows + R keys. On the tab that displays, input “mmsys.cpl” and click Enter.
2) Now, go to the Recording Tab and right-click on the preferred microphone device.
3) Then, select the device as the default Audio Input.
Step 6) Update Windows
At this point, if the mic still doesn’t work, we recommend you update Windows in general.
1) Start by navigating to Windows settings, then Update and Security.
2) Wait for it to scan for new updates and auto-install them.
3) Now, reboot your system and test if the mic is working or not.
That should fix the Overwatch 2 Mic not working issue. Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.