The PS5 is by far the biggest leap in the console gaming industry. With the enhanced and immersive performance provided by the console, it is quite obvious that the PS5 is the highest selling console in 2022. However, this doesn’t mean that it is free from errors and bugs. PlayStation consoles are infamous for featuring a wide variety of bugs but most of them can be easily fixed with some workarounds. According to recent reports, many PS5 players are facing the PlayStation Network Sign In Failed error on their PS5 account. So, without any further ado, read this article till the end to know how to fix this error for good.
If you have a PS5, then is mandatory for you to sign in to the PlayStation network using your PS5 account to access the PlayStation Store. As easy as it may sound, some players are having issues while signing into the PlayStation network as the console throws the Sign In Failed error. Well, the primary reason this error occurs is when the user inputs the wrong login credentials. Anyways, whatever causes the error to occur on the PS5 console, we are here to share the details on how to fix it. So, continue reading.
How to Fix PlayStation Network Sign In Failed on PS5 Account
Well, there are 2-3 methods using which you can fix the PlayStation Network Sign In Failed on PS5 Account error. So, all you need to do is simply follow the given steps and the error should be fixed by the time you finish reading this.
As mentioned earlier, this error can occur whenever a user provides the wrong login credentials. So, if you are facing this error, consider clicking on the Triangle button on your controller to select the Forgot Password option. After this, you will have to enter your email id in the text field. This will send a password reset link to your email id which you can access to reset your PS5 account password. After resetting the password, try logging in to PlayStation Network.
If the above method didn’t work, then you will have to delete your PS5 account from your PS5 console and then sign in again. To do this,
1) Head to the home screen and go to Settings.
2) Next, go to Users and Accounts. Now, scroll down to the Users option.
3) Here, select the account that is experiencing this error.
4) Click on the Delete button to delete the particular PS5 account from your console. (Note– If you delete your profile, all the saved data, screenshots, and video clips will be deleted from your console).
5) After deleting your profile, press the PS button on your controller. This will take you to the Account Selection screen.
6) Select the Add User option and click on the Get Started option.
7) Do all the prompted steps and enter your login credentials.
If none of the above-mentioned methods had any impact, then you will have to tweak some network settings.
1) Go to your PS5 Home Screen and head to Settings.
2) Find the Network option and select Settings.
3) Next, go to the Set Up Internet Connection option and select your Wifi connection.
4) Here, select Advanced Settings and make the following changes-
Primary DNS– 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS– 1.0.01/184.108.40.206
MTU Settings– Manual
After doing this, the error should be fixed. So, this was everything about how to Fix the PlayStation Network Sign In Failed on PS5 Account error. For more such articles on PS5 and information on newly released titles, make sure to stay tuned with us on Vabsaga.