One of the most trusted PS3 emulators, RPCS3 is the primary choice of many gamers. However, it comes with its fair share of errors that players face from time to time. Luckily, most errors are fixable with a bunch of workarounds and the no bootable content found issue in RPCS3 is also the same. If you are also struggling with this issue, consider reading this article to know how to fix it for good.
There can be countless issues when playing classic PS3 games on RPCS3. However, PS3 enthusiasts tend to overlook them as they can be fixed with some really easy workarounds. The no bootable content found issue is one of the most notorious as it restricts players from playing new games on their emulator. Anyways, as per reports, whenever players try to add a new game to the emulator and select the folder where the game is located, the emulator throws the No Bootable Content Found error. Well, there is no need to worry as this can be fixed easily.
How to fix RPCS3 no bootable content found issue
Encountering this issue is quite common so there is nothing to worry about. This error occurs whenever players try to add a game on their emulator which is downloaded as a PKG file type on their system. So, if you have tried to click on the Open option on the RPCS3 emulator and then select the game folder only to be greeted with this error, follow the given steps-
1) First of all, check if the game folder contains files of the PKG type. If yes, then you will have to install the package via the emulator to run the game.
2) For this, launch RPCS3 and head to the File tab on the top right corner of the screen.
3) Now, select the Install Packages/Raps option. A new window will open where you will have to head to the game’s folder.
4) Once you are inside the game’s folder, select the PKG file that has the highest size. After this, an installation will take place and you will be able to view the game on the emulator. However, that’s more to it.
5) You will have to install each and every PKG file inside the game’s folder manually to run the game. So, consider doing so.
6) After this is done, you can double-click on the newly installed game and play it just like in the old days.
We hope this guide was able to help you get rid of the no bootable content found error in RPCS3. For more such guides, make sure to stay tuned with us on Vabsaga.