We can all agree playing any video game without sound feels depressing. Also, some games rely on sound for players to know what action to take next. This explains why many fans have been looking for information on how to fix the no sound on PC issue in State of Decay 2. If you have been seeking solutions too, you are on track as we will walk you through proven steps to resolve the issue.
How to Fix State of Decay 2 No Sound on PC Issue
There are lots of ways to resolve the issue, depending on the cause. That is why we recommend you try all the steps till you settle on one that resolves the problem satisfactorily.
Step 1) Reboot the PC
Rebooting will never go out of style as it has proven to be useful every time. The process overwrites lots of glitches. If the issue is not resolved after the system boots, then it is time to try the next step.
Step 2) Verify Integrity of Game Files
This will delete and replace corrupt and missing files which may be the root cause of the issue.
- Launch Steam, go to Library, and navigate to the game.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Then click on Local Files and scroll to the right and click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’. Wait for the process to complete, then launch the game to see if the sound is restored.
Step 3) Update Sound Driver
- Type in ‘Device Manager’ in the Windows search box and click on the result.
- Scroll to ‘Audio input and Outputs’ and select your primary audio device. After that, right-click on it.
- Then click on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Now click on ‘Search automatically for updates’ and wait for the update to get installed.
Step 4) Switch to Generic Windows Audio Driver
- Press Windows Key + R and type in ‘mmsys.cpl in the dialog box, then Enter.
- Then navigate to the Playback tab, select the Playback device with issues, and right-click on it to select ‘Properties’.
- Now, go to the General tab and click on Properties under Controller Information, then slide over to the General tab and click on Change Settings.
- Under the High Definition Audio Device’s Properties, click on Update Driver.
- On the next screen, click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Next, check the ‘Show compatible hardware’ box, then select High Definition Audio Device and click Next.
- Finally, click Yes to confirm the installation.
Step 5) Update Windows
Running the game on outdated Windows can give rise to multiple issues. To update Windows;
- Navigate to Windows Settings and click on ‘Updates & Security’.
- Then click on ‘Check for Updates’ and wait for the latest patch to be installed.
Step 6) Ensure your Audio Output Devices are Properly Connected
Independently confirm if your headset, speakers, and other devices are properly plugged in. You can use them to run other apps with audio to confirm they are working properly.
Step 7) Adjust Date and Time Settings
This might look unrelated but it has fixed the issue for lots of players.
- Scroll to the bottom right corner of your PC and right-click on the date and time display.
- Then select ‘Adjust date and time’ and click on the ‘Set time automatically’ and ‘Set time zone automatically’ options to ‘On’.
- Next, click on ‘Sync now’.
Step 8) Format Your Microphone in The Sound Settings
- Navigate to your Windows settings and select Bluetooth & Devices, then select Devices.
- Scroll to Related Settings and select ‘Sound’, then under ‘Input’, select your audio input device.
- Select ‘Format’ under Input Settings, and then select an audio format that’s not above 48000Hz.
- We recommend you keep trying with a lower format till it works.
Step 9) Reinstall the Game
This will properly clear out the errors and bugs with the current copy installed on your PC. This should be done as a last measure and if it persists, contact customer support and log a complaint.
Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.