Farmer Simulator 22 mods will allow you to add more vehicles, buildings, machines, and other items to your game. It’s a quick and easy method to add a lot of new material to the same game installation in only a few minutes, and it’s completely free. When everything can be added right now, there’s no need to wait months for the official releases.
The developers encourage and accept mods from both the company and users, creating a creative community around it. They have built in a menu within the game from where mods and DLCs can be downloaded. Here are the steps to utilize this feature.
Downloading and using ModHub in FS22:
- Click on Downloadable content from the Main menu.
- Within this menu, you will first be greeted with the ModHub. You can search, filter and choose the mod that suits you from this menu.
- Towards the bottom, you’ll notice a button that you must tap to install the mod. When you click the Install button, the mod will be downloaded for you.
- They will appear in the Downloads submenu. [The fourth Sub-menu on the left, similarly the fifth is for DLCs]
- After completion of the download, go back to the Main menu where the game will ask you to restart the Game.
- You will now have the option to pick mods you want to use after relaunching the game and accessing your saved game/new game. This will allow the modifications to be set for that particular save.
- Click on the Start button.
- From this point on, the new equipment, vehicles, items etc should be accessible for usage.
- To uninstall modifications, follow the same steps as before, but instead of choosing them, uncheck them, save your game, and relaunch it. You should no longer see the unchecked modifications after a fresh boot.
Mod from Website (PC/MAC):
- Head to farming-simulator.com.
- Click on the Mods Menu from the site.
- Go through the selections and choose a mod that suits your needs and game’s the version.
- Check the user ratings for the same by clicking on More Info.
- Click on the green Download ZIP file button.
- After the download is done, Move the Zip file into the Mod Folder.
The location of the Mod folder for FS22 is:
- XP/Windows 10: User\My Games\FarmingSimulator22\Mods
- Vista: Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\Mods
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2022/mods
- Mac (If downloaded from App Store): ~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2022/Data/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2022/mods
If you get an Exe file, you only need to run it and it will work automatically. If you get a RAR file, you will need to extract it, where you might either get a Zip or Exe file. If the Modhub is not working on your device, the developers have acknowledged this issue and are working on a patch soon.