Minecraft without argument is one of the greatest video games ever made. One of the many features that make the game stand out from others is the allowance for players to download, install, and use mods in the game from third-party sources. Many players know how to install these mods while many more do not. That is why in the course of this article, we will walk you through how to install mods on Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Minecraft Bedrock Edition is the multiplatform version of the game based on the Bedrock codebase. This was made to accommodate platforms for the game that do not support Java, so it is a bit different from the regular Minecraft. Well, installing mods in the game isn’t quite complicated but it can be overwhelming if this is your first try. However, you can learn how to install mods on the Minecraft Bedrock Edition by simply following this guide.
How to Install Mods on Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
Before proceeding, you have to ensure the mod you are downloading is compatible with the Minecraft version you have, to avoid errors and other issues.
Step 1) Visit the mod Website/ Download Page
The first obvious thing to do is open the website of the mod you intend to download. For most mods, the download link will be preceded by details of the mod, from crafting recipes to uses. This means you will have to navigate to the bottom of the page, or wherever the download icon is displayed. When you see the Resource pack and Behaviour pack, follow these steps.
1) Right-click on the Resource Pack and open it on a new tab. This might direct you to a third-party site with some ads you may have to navigate through.
2) You will be redirected to the mod download page after navigating past the ads. Click on the download icon displayed to get the mcPack File. Anything other than the mcPack File should be avoided at this stage.
3) After downloading the Resource pack, it is time to download the Behaviour pack. So, right-click on the link to open it on a new tab. You may have to navigate past the ads as in the previous steps. Click on Free Access and get directed to the download page.
At this point, click on the download icon to get the .mcPack File.
Step 2) Install the Mods
If you are using a mobile device, you can click the mods from the downloads section of your browser, or navigate to them via your File Manager.
1) For PC users, open your File Explore and move the recently downloaded packs to your desktop for ease of access.
2) Now, double-click on the first pack you want to install, and Minecraft will be launched. You will see that the “Import Started” popup will display on your screen.
3) Wait for the process to complete and then double click on the next pack. This can be repeated for as many packs as you want to install. If this fails, there are chances you already have the mod installed.
Step 3) Activate the Mods on Minecraft
Now you have downloaded and installed the mods, you will have to activate them in the game. Here’s how.
1) Create a new world in the game and scroll to ‘Experiments’ and turn on all features under ‘Gameplay’.
2) Then navigate to Resource Packs and then select ‘Available’ on the right side of the screen. Click on ‘Owned’ and select Activate when the packs are displayed.
3) Now, click on Create and hold on for a minute for the mods to load and start working. You can then launch the game and enjoy the new mods.
4) You can also add mods to the already created worlds by editing them and enabling all Experiment options. Then, simply head to the Resource Packs/Behaviour Packs option and activate your preferred mods from the My Packs section.
Hope this simplified the process for you. Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.