It’s really important to know how to install games on Steam Deck since it’s like one of the easiest platforms to play video games. The handheld gaming device was developed by an American video game developer known as Valve Corporation. Just like the Nintendo Switch, the Steam Deck can be used as a handheld device or connected to a monitor. Before now, there were doubts about COD: MW2 being supported on Steam Deck but that has been positively laid to rest. In this article, we will be looking at how to install & play Call of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck.
Call of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare 2 has been developed by Infinity Ward and will be published by Activision. This game is the sequel to COD Modern Warfare which was released in 2019. This multiplayer and single-player game is set to be released on Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation5, and Xbox Series on October 28, 2022. In the gameplay, players have the option of participating in the story-based Offline single-player campaign, where they undertake various missions inspired by the story plot. Players can also engage in self-orientated game modes like Free-for-all or Deathmatch to score points by eliminating opposing players. There have been new changes including swimming mechanics, an advanced AI system, and overhauled vehicle system that fans are eagerly waiting to try. Anyways, let’s now go through the steps for installing the game on Steam Deck.
How To Install & Play Call Of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare 2 On Steam Deck?
Although there is no official Steam Deck support for the game, COD Modern Warfare 2 can be played on Steam Deck but there’s a way to go about it. If you just install the game and try to run it, it will crash because of the game’s anti-cheat system that does not work on Linux. If you want to play this game on Steam Deck, these are the steps to follow;
1) The first step is to get your micro SD card and make sure it is empty because it will be formatted.
2) Now, plug the SD card into a computer and make sure a Windows ISO file is downloaded on that computer.
3) Next, download Rufus, a program that allows the use of ISO to create a bootable Windows installation on the micro SD card. Launch Rufus, select your ISO file, and change the Image option to Windows to Go and run it.
4) Once this is done, take the micro SD card out and insert it into your Steam Deck and boot it up by holding the power button and the volume down button.
5) A boot screen that allows you to pick what device you want to boot from will pop up. Go down to the bottom and choose the micro SD card and then it will boot into Windows.
6) Install the Steam Deck drivers for Windows which can be downloaded from the official website. Then, flip the Windows screen from portrait mode to landscape mode in the Windows Display settings.
7) Install Steam, download COD Modern Warfare II, and launch it.
To effectively play the game, you have to change the game’s control settings from standard Mouse aiming controls to Joystick aiming and you are done. Kindly share this article in your gaming community, and keep in touch with Vabsaga for more gaming tips and updates.