Want to experience the classic PS3 games on your Windows 11 PC? Well, if you are a retro lover that likes to play old yet popular games, then there is one application that will satisfy your thirst for the same. RPCS3 is the most popular PS3 emulator which is an open-source application made for gamers craving old classics. Although the application is quite simple to use and play games on, the installation process isn’t a piece of cake. So, in this article, we will be sharing all the details on how to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Installing games in today’s era is as simple as pressing a single button and everything is done automatically. However, things can get complicated when you are trying to install emulators like RPCS3 for playing PS3 games. Although gamers are quite acquainted with the process, some are not as tech-savvy as others. So, for them, this guide should be enough. Continue reading to know more on how to RPCS3 on Windows 11.
How to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11?
There are quite a number of steps you will need to follow to install this emulator on your system. However, if you follow them in order as mentioned below, you won’t have any issues.
1) First of all, you will have to download the latest version of RPCS3. So, all you need to do is click on this link here and the download will automatically start.
2) Next, you must download any archive unpackers such as 7rar or Winrar to extract the files from the download you just completed. After downloading any one of the archive unpackers, install it and head to the next step.
3) Now, the PS3 firmware needs to be installed. For this, simply click here and the download will commence.
4) Next, you will have to get your PS3 games to play, right? So, head to the official Vimm’s Lair website and download your favorite PS3 games. Again, you just have to click here to proceed.
5) Once you have downloaded the game, now it is time for you to unzip the downloaded files. So, use 7rar or Winrar to unzip the RPCS3 files and the game files you just downloaded.
6) After unzipping, head to the RPCS3 folder and double-click on the RPCS3 file. Now, head to the File tab, and select the Install Firmware option. After this, head to the directory where you have downloaded the PS3 Firmware file in Step 3 and select it.
7) Now, again head to the File option and this time, select the Add Games option. Here, find the game folder which you have downloaded and extracted, and select it.
8) Once this is done, the game will appear on the RPCS3 application and you can double-click on it to launch. However, note that during the first boot of the game, it will take some time, so make sure to have some patience.
Well, now you know how to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11. For more such guides, make sure to stay tuned with us on Vabsaga.