When there’s little or no space in the drive housing a game, gamers tend to look for ways to move the game from one drive to another. In this article, we will be satisfying the curiosity of how to move or copy Valorant from one drive to another drive, without corrupting game files or creating issues.
Valorant is Riot’s free-to-play game. In the gameplay, players take on the role of agents, which are modeled on people from various nations and cultures. Being a first person shooter title, it feature numerous characters that have distinct abilities and strengths. The game is extremely popular and has a huge player base. Anyways, let’s look at how to move the game from one drive to another.
How to Move or Copy Valorant from One Drive to another Drive
The first step you need to consider is moving the Valorant game to another drive is to consider moving the game to an SSD without re-downloading the game. This is because it makes the game load faster and saves time during gameplay. To achieve this, follow these steps.
1) First, hold the Start button and press R to bring up the run dialog box.
2) Next, type in %Programdata% in the dialog box and click enter, and then a folder will appear where you’ll look for Riot.
3) Now scroll through to the Riot folder and open it. You’ll see RiotClientInstalls.json file.
4) Next, make a double-click on the file and a notepad program will open. There you’ll see when the game is installed and where the riot client is located. Highlight the first part below the associated client and copy.
5) Next, paste it into the file browser. Then, go to the Valorant folder and cut it to place it on a different disk (eg- an SSD). It will take some time to be moved but be patient till the move is complete
6) The next step is to copy the existing path that the game was moved to into the Notepad, replacing it with what is directly under the associated client text.
7) Then, you need to replace the backslashes with forward slashes and save with Ctrl S. Your game is now moved to a different location.
8) Hold on Windows and R keys together to open the run dialog box. Key in %programdata% in the dialog box and hit the enter button
9) Scroll through to the Metadata folder and go to Metadata>valorant.live. Then, open the valorant.live.product settings.yaml file with the notepad.
10) Next, replace the parent folder of the Valorant files with the value of the product install root path, and replace the backslashes with forward slashes.
11) Finally, hit CTRL + S to save the file and launch the game.
Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.