Marvel’s Spiderman Remastered version has been released for PC and has received lots of positive reviews, but that’s no news. As awesome as the game is, some glitches, errors, and other issues have been observed. Rest assured developers are doing their best to ensure perfectly smooth gameplay, but these issues do pop up sometimes. In this article, we will walk through some of them and the best possible fixes.
Spiderman Remastered Launching, Crashing, Freezing & Black Screen Issues: Fixes & Workarounds
That being said, here are some fixes to Spiderman Remastered Launching, Crashing, Freezing & Black Screen Issues.
Step 1) Restart Your PC
Everyone knows restarting a PC actually fixes a lot of errors and glitches. Should you come across any of the issues mentioned here, we suggest you restart your PC, then try out the next step if the issue persists.
Step 2) Turn off Ray Tracing
This has worked for a majority of players so far. Here’s how to go about it:
1) Open Steam and launch Spiderman Remastered after heading to the Library tab.
2) Now, go to the Pre-launch Settings.
3) Next, visit the Graphics tab.
4) Uncheck the Ray Tracing option.
5) Go to Display and select Windowed mode.
6) Turn off HDR.
7) Lower your in-game resolution and launch the game.
Step 3) Uncheck Steam.exe Compatibility
Here is how to go about it:
1) Open file explorer.
2) Open ‘This PC’ and then ‘C: Drive.
3) Scroll to Program files x86, open it, and then click Steam Folder.
4) Navigate to Steam.exe and right-click on it.
5) Select Properties and uncheck Compatibility mode.
6) Restart Steam and launch the game.
Step 4) Avoid using Alt+Tab
Try avoiding the Alt + Tab combo while in-game. Players experienced much better performance from the game once they stop using the Alt+Tab combo to minimize the game, thereby reducing the chances of encountering any errors.
Step 5) Increase Virtual Memory of your device
1) Search View Advanced System Settings in the windows search box.
2) Scroll to the Advance option.
3) Click Settings, then click on the Change option.
4) Uncheck the ‘Automatically manage paging file’ box.
5) Check the ‘custom size’ box.
6) Select the drive where the game is installed.
7) Change initial RAM by converting RAM GB to MB.
8) Multiply the MB by 3x.
9) Type in the new RAM.
10) Select Ok and then launch the game.
Step 6) Run Game As An Administrator
Epic game users are forbidden from this step as it could lead to an LS-0013 error.
1) For Steam users, open Steam and right-click on the game to select Properties.
2) Select ‘Browse local files’ option under the Manage menu. This will lead to the installation folder of the game.
3) Right-click on the game’s .exe file, select Properties, and then Compatibility.
4) Now click on ‘Run as Administrator’. Launch the game.
Step 7) Verify the game files
1) Right-click on the game in your Steam library.
2) Select ‘Properties’.
3) Navigate to the local files tab after selecting the Manage option.
4) Click on ‘Verify integrity of game files’.
5) After the scan is complete, launch the game and the error should be fixed.
Step 8) Delete the saved game files
We should let you know from the onset this will result in a loss of game progress so far.
1) Open File Explorer.
2) Open the Documents folder found in your C drive.
3) Right-click on Marvel Spiderman Remastered.
4) Click on Delete.
5) Launch the game.
Step 9) Do a clean installation of the graphics driver
1) Depending on which card you are using, go to Nvidia or AMD website
2)Select your graphic card from the list.
3) Select the latest drivers.
4) Scroll down to the recent update and click on Download.
5) Click on next and select ‘perform clean installation’.
6) Launch the game when done.
Step 10) Allow the game’s .exe file to your antivirus program
1) Go to Windows Settings.
2) Click on ‘Privacy and Security’ or ‘Update and Security’, depending on the windows version.
3) Open Windows Security and then click ‘Virus and Threat Protection’. Scroll down to ‘Manage Ransomware Protection’.
4) Click on ‘Allow an app through controlled folder access’ and select Yes.
5) Click on ‘allowed app’. Browse apps from C: Drive and select the game’s .exe file to add.
6) After this, go to System Control Panel and open ‘System and Security’.
7) Open Windows Defender and Click ‘Allow an app through Windows Defender’.
8) Click ‘Change Settings’, select ‘Add another app’ and browse the game installation folder.
9) Select the .exe file, and then launch the game.
Step 11) Run the game on dedicated graphics card
1) Go to Windows Graphics settings.
2) Click on Browse.
3) Go to the game’s installation folder.
4) Select the game’s .exe file and click on ‘Add’.
5) Select the ‘High Performance’ option and save the changes. Now, launch the game
Step 12) Disable Steam Overlay
1) Go to Steam, right-click on the game, and select ‘Properties’.
2) Uncheck the ‘Enable Steam Overlay while in game’ box.
3) Ensure to close other apps running on the game including GeForce experience.
4) Perform a clean boot by opening the System Configuration menu.
5) Select ‘Services’ and check the box that says ‘hide Microsoft services’. After this, disable all the services and apply the changes.
6) Launch the game.
Step 13) Install Visual C++ Files
1) Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ files from Microsoft’s website.
2) On the website, download x86 and x64 versions of the same.
3) Click on either the Repair or Install option that comes up.
4) Ensure the installations are complete and click ‘Restart’. After this, the error should be fixed.
Step 14) Update your Windows
1) Go to Windows Update and Security.
2) Click ‘Search for Update’.
3) Restart the system after the download and installation are complete.
Step 15) Disconnect Multiple Monitors
If your system is connected to more than one monitor, ensure to disconnect them. Also unplug USB devices, joysticks, etc, from your system that are not in use to avoid game launch interruptions.
Step 16) Uninstall And Reinstall The Game To a Different Drive
Should these all fail, try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it. While reinstalling, try using a different drive just in case the issue emanated from the storage drive.
Kindly share this article with friends, and stay in touch with Vabsaga for more updates.