The Forza games were always well known for the delivery of a stellar racing experience and keeping every detail in check. These included graphics, smoother controls, a unique roster of exotic vehicles, realistic car physics, and damage, and more. Its latest entry Forza Horizon 5 has been released recently for PC and Xbox consoles and fans are mesmerized by everything this game has to offer. However, to experience this amazing game at its finest, you need to have a stable FPS, as lags, FPS drops can ruin your experience or make the game unplayable. Especially if you’re on mid-range hardware and want to gain more framerates while preserving the graphics quality as much as possible. Here’s our detailed guide on getting the best performance in Forza Horizon 5.
Best settings to use on Forza Horizon 5
Update graphics card driver
To churn out the maximum performance out of Forza Horizon 5, it is highly recommended to update your GPU drivers. If you have Nvidia or AMD graphics card, you can head to their official website and download drivers from there. You should also update your Windows to the latest version to keep things smoother.
Running Forza Horizon 5 on dedicated GPU
If you have a gaming laptop with a dual graphics card, chances are getting poor FPS. It’s because your laptop is using integrated GPU instead of your dedicated GPU. To fix this, in the start menu, search “GPU” and launch “Graphics Settings”. In the graphics, settings turn on “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling”.
- After that, under “graphics performance preference” select the desktop app from the dropdown and click on Browse
- Navigate to the folder where Forza Horizon 5 is installed and locate the .exe file of the game
- After locating Forza Horizon 5.exe and clicking on “Add”
- You’ll see Forza Horizon 5 added to the list. Click on Options and then click on “High Performance” and click on Save
The game will now use your dedicated GPU from the laptop and the game will run much smoother.
Disable hardware acceleration in apps
Certain apps draw more resources from GPU rather than CPU so disable certain overlays in apps like Discord, Steam, or Google Chrome. Disable hardware acceleration from those apps and try to run the game again. Forza Horizon 5 will utilize your GPU resources more, hence better performance.
Optimal video settings for the game
To get the best performance from your current PC specs, we have listed some of the best settings that’ll result in a bigger FPS boost and a more enjoyable experience. Select the following settings listed below.
- Resolution – your native monitor’s resolution
- Framerate – Unlocked
- Vertical Synchronization – Off
- Resolution Scaling – Off
- Full Screen – On
- Show FPS- User’s preference
- Preset – Custom
- Anisotropic Filtering – High
- Shadows – Low
- Shadow Quality – Low
- Motion Blur Quality – Low
- Environment Texture Quality – High
- Environment Geometry Quality – High
- MSAA – Off
- FXAA – Off
- SSAO Quality – Off
- Reflections Quality – Low
- World Car Level of Detail – Low
- Deformable Terrain Quality – Medium
- SSR Quality – Low
- Lens Effect – Medium
- Shader Quality – Low
- Particle Effects Quality – Medium
- Ray Tracing – Off