All games have bugs; some have a few, while others have many. But where do the Lords of the Fallen stand? Well, there are a bunch of bugs in the game, and now we have a new one called “Access Violation Error”. While nothing concrete is known about why this error occurs, there are a ton of workarounds you can try to fix it. So, we have shared this guide featuring all the details on the same.
The Access Violation Error is most likely related to memory-related issues. In some cases, the game files may be the reason behind its occurrence. Whatever the reason, you can fix this error with some effective workarounds. So, make sure to try every method mentioned.
Lords of the Fallen (2023) Access Violation Error: How to fix it
Update your graphics driver
Maybe it’s not the game files; instead, the error’s primary cause is your GPU drivers. If your GPU drivers aren’t updated, then this may also happen. So visit the Nvidia or AMD driver page and download the respective drivers for your GPU. Then, make sure to install it and stay connected to the internet throughout the process. After this, do a quick reboot.
Run the game as an admin
There is also a possibility that your firewall or antivirus program is interfering with LOTF. In that case, avoid tinkering with the firewall or antivirus; instead, run the game as an administrator. This will grant LOTF full admin access, and now it should be able to run as intended. To do that, locate the game shortcut on your desktop and right-click it. Then, select the “Run as Administrator” option. If that didn’t fix the issue, consider disabling your antivirus program and then trying again.
Verify file integrity
Verifying game files can also fix this issue for good. So, here are the required steps for the same:
- Open Steam.
- Open “Library”.
- Right-click on LOTF.
- Select “Properties”.
- Head over to the “Installed Files” tab.
- Tap on “Verify the integrity of game files”.
As for Epic Game Launcher, follow these steps:
- Open the Epic Game Launcher.
- Open “Library”.
- Locate LOTF.
- Click on the 3 dot, which is right below the game icon.
- Click on “Manage”.
- The first option will say “Verify Files”. Click on it.
Now it’ll start a process that will both verify and fix the game file-related issues. After this, launch the game and check whether the issue persists.
Here’s a list of optional workarounds that may or may not work. Still, they are worth trying:
- Restart Steam or the Epic Game Launcher. Sometimes, the issue can lie within the game’s launcher, and restarting it can fix the issue.
- Restart your PC. It is not the best workaround, but who knows, it may fix everything.
- Reinstall the game from scratch. Open its store page in either Steam or Epic Games Store, uninstall, and then start installing again.
- Upgrade your system. If you are on an outdated system or hardware, then make sure to upgrade to a new one. An outdated OS version may also cause this issue, so it is recommended to update it ASAP.
This was our complete guide on how to fix the access violation error in Lords of the Fallen. Updating the graphics driver will most likely solve this issue, but do not hesitate to try all of the mentioned workarounds. If you find this guide informative, make sure to visit VabSaga.